Location: Bury, Lancashire
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Working together with the administration team, the successful post holder will be responsible for maintaining the administration processes required to support Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes. The candidate will be expected to perform core duties and carry out additional projects/tasks as they arise.
The successful post holder will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in academic administration with experience of working in a Further Education College or Private Training Provider environment. We are looking for an efficient and effective administrator with lots of common sense who can provide a seamless administration service to support other staff and learners in a professional and friendly way.
You will be a great organiser who takes pride in planning, team working, compliance, working to specific deadlines and seeing processes through from start to completion. An excellent grasp of written and spoken English, clear communication skills and an unflappable manner are essential.
With an excellent attention to detail and an aspiration to achieve zero errors on administrative documents that is critical to business compliance.
- To be responsible for maintaining efficient and compliant administrative systems and maintaining clear communication channels with all staff involved in the engagement and delivery of Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of accurate records, systems and paperwork, including application paperwork, enrollment contracts, obtaining PLRs (personal learning records) and ULNs (unique learner numbers), and obtaining learner’s evidence of prior attainment where required.
- To be responsible for ensuring the production of enrolment packs to support Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes, sign up processes e.g. Pre-populating ILRs and enrollment paperwork where required.
- To be responsible for maintaining Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes information on our PIC’s MIS (Management Information System) and setting up learner and employer accounts on our OneFile e-portfolio system.
- To be responsible for entering learner registrations, achievements and claiming certificates on MIS and awarding body systems in line with agreed deadlines.
- To be responsible for claiming Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes certificates using the online awarding body portals in line with agreed deadlines.
- To be responsible for input of accurate data in a timely manner into the learner management systems.
- To take overall responsibility for the day to day update of reports as directed, ensuring that information is used effectively to meet targets, and to highlight any areas of concern and/or make recommendations for consideration.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of accurate paper based filing and archiving to meet the requirements of internal and external auditors, funding bodies and awarding bodies.
- Knowledge and experience of the administration processes required to support government funded programmes especially Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes.
- Previous experience of PIC’s MIS systems and ILR’s
- Knowledge of registration and certification of learners on awarding body systems, obtaining ULNs and PLRs from MIAP and certification of apprentices on ACE
- Knowledge of the audit and funding requirements of ESFA funded programmes would be desirable, but candidates are encouraged to apply if they would be willing to attend training.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- High level interpersonal skills including; discretion, diplomacy, tact and firmness when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail and compliance in administration duties
- Ability to analyse performance data
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A highly organised approach, with ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Self-motivated to set and attain goals and to demonstrate the ability to meet performance standards and deadlines
- Willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for actions
- Significant experience of working for a training provider or college delivering Work Based Apprenticeships and Back 2 Work Programmes in an administration role
- Experience in auditing learner files to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Experience of using OneFile e-portfolio (or similar) is preferable but training will be provided for the right candidate
- Experience in using PIC’s MIS (or a similar system)
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; to troubleshoot and follow tasks through to completion, consistently on schedule, without loss of attention to detail
- Experience of managing multiple activities, under pressure and tight deadlines
- Commitment to the VSS Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding policy and practices
- The successful post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
The post holder will report directly to the Head of Operations & Compliance