Statement of Service
This statement of service briefly outlines the facilities and services available to you at Vocational Skills Solutions (VSS) Limited.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality training and development programmes to our service users in the UK. Creating standards which others follow, and empowering people to reach their full potential! To this end we will actively develop new training approaches to help people learn, and to enable all participants to easily overcome any obstacles they may encounter along the way, whilst ensuring our programmes are engaging and enjoyable.
We aim to optimise human potential, increase happiness and maximise the engagement of people by providing superior training and assessment solutions for understanding, acquiring, developing and retaining talent within our client organisations. Our aspiration is to be the best in class’ and provider of choice for Learners and Employers alike.
Quality you can trust
At VSS, we strive to become your trusted training partner by giving you the highest quality training, account management and customer support.
We ask for feedback from as many of our customers as possible, learners attending classroom courses, apprentices undergoing long term training programmes, parents, staff and our increasing portfolio of trusted employers.
We ask questions about how likely the person is to recommend our services to a friend or colleague. This is a tough measure; people must be extremely satisfied with a service to put their personal recommendation behind it. Because VSS accepts only the highest levels of quality, this is a metric we choose to map our progress against.
Your learning and development begins the moment you join us and becomes an important part of life with VSS. We want you to enjoy your learning journey so that you have all the skills and know-how to do your job to the best of your ability.
- To ensure learners understand and are fully prepared for their learning programme and have access to all information relating to the service.
- To ensure the information learners receive is clear, accurate and meets individual requirements.
- To ensure the information, advice and guidance is sufficient to meet the learners needs.
- To ensure learners enjoy their learning programme.
- To demonstrate an increased improvement in the learner’s knowledge in the subject area throughout the programme.
- To demonstrate an increased improvement in the learner’s skills in the subject area throughout the programme.
- To demonstrate an increased improvement in the learner’s confidence in the subject area throughout the programme.
- To demonstrate that the learner has enjoyed the learning journey and feels inspired to progress further.
- To improve learner’s perception of their employability in the wider labour market.
We are extremely proud of the education and support we provide to our learners and employers.
We celebrate equality and diversity amongst all our learners and staff and seek to nurture the gifts of everyone through high quality teaching and learning, and through dedicated pastoral care. Employers, learners and potential learners receive clear, accurate, up to date, accessible, objective and impartial information before committing to our services.
Our priority is to provide the best possible education for our learners, ensuring that everyone is given the support and encouragement they need to achieve their goals.
Our values reflect the importance that we place on a caring and supportive environment. We believe in developing a culture based on work ethic, discipline, honesty and humility. As an organisation we expect the highest standards of work, behaviour and commitment from our learners and staff.
VSS operates throughout the UK, with offices in Bury (Head Office), Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
Our Adult Education Budget is available throughout England and is funded through Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (Liverpool residents only), the West Midlands Combined Authority (West Midlands Residents only), the Greater London Authority (London Residents only) and the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), for residents living in all other non-devolved areas throughout England.
Our Apprenticeship Funding is available throughout England and is funded through the ESFA. We are approved on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) to deliver Apprenticeships direct to Levy paying Employers as well as Non-Levy Employers.
ESFA and Greater London Authority funding is match funded by the European Union under the European Social Fund (ESF). Where there is a charge to our service, or to the availability of funding, this will made clear in advance.
What we offer:
- Basic Skills Training (including Statutory Entitlements in Maths & English) for those aged 19 and over.
- Pre-Employability Training (including Employability Skills and Vocational Training) for those aged 19 and over.
- Age 16-18 and Adult (19+) Apprenticeships
- Commercial Training Courses (including Driver Certificate in Professional Competence, Forklift Truck Licence, First Aid, Health & Safety etc)
- All of the above services include access to group or one-to-one Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG). We will signpost learners to appropriate sources of information, internally and externally if required.
- We provides learning and qualifications in a number of sectors including; service, hospitality, health, transpotation, security, business, retail, warehousing, manufactoring, child care and hair & beauty.
- Wherever possible we will endeavour to make all information available in a form that meets learners’ individual needs, including large print, braille and taped resources; a period of notice of up to 10 working days may be required in some circumstances. If you are having difficulty accessing or locating the information you need, please contact Head Office on 0161 478 4040.
- VSS holds the appropriate approval and authority with Edexcel, NCFE and City & Guilds awarding bodies to deliver all qualifications currently offered.
- Direct Claim Status is in place for all aims / qualifications, enabling us to award/certificate all learning aims and qualifications currently offered.
- All programmes have comprehensive resources, which have been endorsed by the awarding bodies and are regularily reviewed.
- We offer an email advice facility, which is available to all service users. We aim to reply within 5 working days of receiving emails to email@example.com
The culture of the company is very much focused on helping individuals help themselves through personal development. This affords the learners the opportunity to build a sustainable career progression pathway.
What should you expect from us?
All Employees at VSS will:
- Work to the Matrix quality standards framework for information, advice and guidance matrixstandard.com
- Follow VSS equal opportunities policy
- Be approachable, experienced, trained, and committed to helping you (you are welcome to ask for further details about how we ensure our staff are competent).
- Provide unbiased information and impartial, realistic advice in a service that is confidential, transparent, accessible and geared to your individual needs and circumstances
- Give career guidance. This is an ongoing process that helps you to explore your options and make choices. Our approach to guidance means that you can gain the skills and insights needed to manage your own career.
VSS Head Office is open from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. You can drop in at any point throughout the day. Learners are encouraged to make full use of our in-house IT suite facilitating access to functional skills learning and Job search activities. Our main office contact number is 0161 478 4040 where you can select the relevant option for your requirements and a member of the team will be more than happy to help. Service users are also encouraged to browse our company website here which details up to date information about opportunities, courses, activities, progression and links to many other useful websites.
What we ask from you
As a responsible user of the service we will expect you to treat staff and other users with respect.
User feedback is essential in trying to improve any organisation and we will, from time to time, ask for your reaction to some aspects of the service, usually by means of a questionnaire, but we are always interested in other comments and reactions.
Your views are important to us in planning future provision, so we hope you will respond fully when we seek your views. Your comments will be confidential unless you decide otherwise. We will endeavour to tell you how our service has changed because of your feedback.
By making use of the services and expertise available, you will be better able to understand your capabilities, become better informed about the career choices open to you and be better equipped to take the next steps towards rewarding and satisfying careers.
The limitations of our service
The opening hours of VSS as detailed in ‘Access’ above indicates that the office is only open during normal office hours. Other facilities such as VSS website and social media platforms are however available 24/7.
VSS can be accessed by web here, telephone or post directed to our head office address on page 3. Any hard copies of material can be obtained by contacting Chris Seel, Head of Operations, Quality & Compliance on 0161 478 4242 or by email request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IAG services, promote the value of learning, are accessible to all service users and will provide you with any additional help you need to enter and progress in learning and work (outside of our service offer). VSS do not claim to be the experts, but we will endeavour to guide you to the information you require.
Our IAG Directory provides links to third party organisations, which will help you to access the support you need. The IAG information is available on the website www.vocationalsolutions.co.uk/apprenticeships/advice-guidance/
How you can help us to improve the service
We value your comments and suggestions. Our webpage contact form found here, gives you the opportunity to tell us what you think, what you like, dislike, and what we could improve upon. In giving us feedback, you will help us to tailor our services to more closely meet yours and future learners’ needs.
All Learners are given a feedback questionnaire for completion at the end of their learning programme, however additional hard copies of this form can be obtained from our Head Office address or can be requested by email at email@example.com.
How we handle complaints and compliments
VSS has in place a complaints procedure, details of which are included on the website by clicking here and are also detailed in this booklet. Complaints give you the opportunity to tell
us where we have failed to meet your needs, or conversely you can complement us where we have excelled in your expectations. You can make a complaint using the webpage contact form found here.
How we use feedback to evaluate the service
Feedback enables us to identify when a service failure has occurred so that we can put it right. Feedback from service users also helps to establish good practice, which in turn can then be implemented into other areas of the service. We use feedback to identify future improvements.
All our work with clients is confidential. Feedback, reports etc are always provided directly to the client and information (other than anonymous statistics) is not made public. You can refer to our Confidentiality Policy within this handbook or from the website here.
The company has been built on strong foundations of Equal opportunities with a progessive and interactive approach to learning. VSS is committed to promoting equality of access and treatment in education, employment, training and guidance, regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, marital status, social class, age or sexual preference. Forms of unlawful direct and indirect discrimination or unequal treatment or unethical behaviour will be challenged.
Safeguarding and Preventing Extremism
Our aim is to ensure, through effective inspection and regulation, that outcomes for children and young people are improved by the receipt of better care, services and education. Improved outcomes can only be achieved if children are safe from harm. Therefore, safeguarding the welfare of children is part of our core business. VSS is committed to providing a secure environment for learners, where learners feel safe and are kept safe. As a Company we recognise that extremism and exposure to extremist materials and influences can lead to poor outcomes for learners and also impact on our reputation and so should be addressed as a safeguarding concern as set out in our Policy Handbook.