Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles
This qualification aims to provide a broad knowledge of the Cleaning industry. The optional units cover a wide range of subjects that learners will find useful in a variety of roles particularly in domestic and commercial cleaning. Learners will also develop skills to assist them in being more able to deal with work related problems.
You must be claiming a State Benefits (JSA, Income Support, ESA or UC) and you must be 19 or older on 31st August 2019.
You must have been resident in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years.
The course is delivered in 6 days (2 days per week for 3 weeks).
The 6-day delivery model is entirely classroom based at a local training venue. The learner is also required to produce home assignment based work and complete distance learning study packs to complete the requisite number of guided learning hours necessary to complete the course. To be successful the delegate will need to produce a portfolio of evidence for the awarding body.
Units in this qualification
- Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Cleaning of glazed surfaces and facades
- Cleaning of confined spaces
- Deep cleaning of internal equipment surfaces and areas
- Cleaning of food areas
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Cleaning and maintenance of external surfaces and areas
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of the course you will have all the necessary skills and certifications to work in a cleaning environment and will significantly enhance your chances of employment.
Download a printable PDF for Cleaning Principles