Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality & Catering
This qualification aims to provide a broad knowledge of the Hospitality industry.
The optional units cover a wide range of subjects that learners will find useful in a variety of roles particularly in front of house services. Learners will also develop skills to assist them in being more able to deal with work related problems.
You must be claiming a State Benefits (JSA, Income Support, ESA or UC) and you must be 19 or older on 31st August 2019.
You must have been resident in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years.
The course is delivered online with the support of a dedicated remote tutor.
You will be required to produce assignment based work and complete study packs to complete the requisite number of guided learning hours necessary to complete this course. To be successful you will need to produce a portfolio of evidence for the awarding body.
Units in this qualification
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Safe, hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality service
- Principles of setting up and closing the kitchen
- Effective teamwork
- Food safety in catering
- Service of food at table
- Preparation and clearing of service areas
- Giving customers a positive impression
- Principles of preparing and clearing areas for table
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of the course you will have all the necessary skills and certifications to work in a hospitality & catering environment and will significantly enhance your chances of employment.