Internal Quality Assurance Manager (Level 5 Management)
Location: Office Based in Bury, Lancashire
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for maintaining the quality of learning and assessment within the framework of quality assurance principles required by the Awarding Body and Ofqual, through the implementation of Internal Quality Assurance systems, policies and procedures.
The Level 5 Management IQA shall be responsible for ensuring the promotion and communications of best practice principles throughout the Management Assessment Team in line with Set Standards, OFSTED, Awarding Bodies, Funding and other Regulatory Bodies.
You will manage an allocated team of assessors and carry out internal verification and moderation on qualifications to meet with organisational and awarding organisation requirements in order to progress learners through their desired qualifications.
- a) Responsible to: Head of Operations & Compliance
- b) Responsible for: Assessors/tutors.
- c) Liaise with: Clients, learners, employers and other external stakeholders
Main tasks of job:
- Assist and support the Head of Operations & Compliance with the implementation of the annual business strategy and development plan for their skills sector.
- Ensure the successful delivery of qualification outcomes in line with contractual requirements and individual Assessor target outcomes whilst maintaining the integrity of each and every qualification offered.
- Provide relevant information and guidance to Assessors and provide IQA mentoring for all Assessors working towards IQA.
- To attend sector specific CPD events and chair bi-monthly sector specific Companywide standardisation meetings to promote consistency throughout the Health & Social Care Assessment Team.
- Carry out assessor induction, training and development requirements are clearly defined, recorded, monitored and linked to the standards required by the awarding body and sector skills, and undertake visits to learner’s place of work to carry out observations of assessment practice.
- Carry out internal verification, both interim and summative on assessment decisions and support EV visits through attendance and support as directed by the Head of Operations & Compliance.
- Carry out internal audits on contract compliance documentation and keep all required records up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that the Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Quality Operating Policies and Procedures are adhered to within your area of responsibility and that any non-compliance is reported to your Line Manager.
- Promote equality and diversity in the workplace, ensure staff and learners are safeguarded and Promote “Prevent” and “British Values” to all staff, Learners and Employers within your area of responsibility.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
2 years’ experience working as an IQA
5 years sector operational experience (Level 5 Management)
Understanding of Functional Skills (up to level 2)
Good administration skills (including good use of Office ICT systems)
Excellent communication skills
Excellent people management skills
Car owner and willingness to travel throughout the North West