Apprenticeship Assessor (Level 2 & 3 Health & Social Care)
Location: Merseyside / Lancashire / West Yorkshire / Humberside / West Midlands
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
To carry out training and assessments inline with organisational and awarding organisation requirements in order to progress learners through desired qualifications.
- a) Responsible to: Quality Assurance Managers.
- b) Responsible for: Teaching and learning of individuals and/or groups.
- c) Liaise with: Clients, employers and other external stakeholders
Main tasks of job:
- Undertake visits to learner’s place of work and carry out assessments
- Carry out detailed inductions on learners
- Assess to National Occupational Standards to ensure completion of qualifications
- Provide relevant information and guidance to learners
- Develop learners in order to maximise learning opportunities
- Provide individualised guided learning
- Maintain health and safety standards of self and learners
- Maintain up to date sector specific CPD
- Comply with all VSS policies and procedures
- Promote equality and diversity in the workplace
- Promote Prevent and British Values to all staff and learners
- Inform line manager of any problems as soon as they arise
- Act in a professional manner at all times
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
2 years’ experience working as an Apprenticeship Assessor
5 years sector operational experience (Level 2 & 3 Health & Social Care)
2 years’ experience in delivering Functional Skills (up to level 2)
Good administration skills (including good use of Office ICT systems)
Excellent communication skills
Excellent self-management skills
Car owner and willingness to travel throughout the Regions specified