Business Development Manager
These are exciting times for VSS. Our ongoing success means further expansion, that’s why we are now recruiting for a number of Business Development Managers to join our company to meet apprenticeship targets and drive revenue throughout our regions.
In the role of Business Development Manager for Apprenticeships, you will be involved in the development and delivery of a Sales Plan to generate increased revenue from new and existing clients in terms of their apprenticeship vacancies, in line with the needs of our existing ESFA funding allocation and future growth plans.
We are looking for candidates with Business Development/Sales experience, ideally within the apprenticeships and education/learning and development sector, or alternatively with experience and knowledge of selling within the sectors we deliver in (click here for details).
- Identifying, building and maintaining external relationships with organisations looking to utilise their apprenticeship levy
- Proactively researching and generating new non-levy business opportunities
- Establish strong connections with key internal stakeholders, existing clients, relevant industry and educational bodies
- Responsible for maintaining excellent customer relationships with SME Employers under your responsibility and ensuring total customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Work effectively with VSS’s Senior Management Team and National Business Development teams to meet set KPI’s
- Impressive business record, particularly in Business Development / Sales
- Experience and knowledge of the Apprenticeships & Skills sectors
- Ability to work and communicate at the highest level, to think strategically and to meet KPI’s
- Experience of researching and generating sales leading to profitable business development
- Experienced in working face-to-face with clients to negotiate and present our company offer
- Excellent standard of education in Maths and English, grade A-C or equivalent
- Excellent administration and ICT skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Car owner with a willingness to travel throughout your region – role is homebased
- Well presented at all times
VSS asks that all job applicants share our company-wide commitment to putting the Customer first.
If you are invited to an interview you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding and provide examples of having delivered high levels of customer service.