Statement of Service
This statement briefly outlines the facilities and services available to you as a learner at VSS.
VSS’s mission is to provide the highest quality training in the UK, creating standards, which others follow to empower people to reach their full potential!
To this end we will actively develop new training approaches, and other ways to help people learn, to enable all participants to overcome easily any obstacles and be able to learn quickly and enjoyably.
VSS operates throughout the UK from its central office in Bury, Lancashire and most of our services are free to service users. Where there is a charge this is made clear in advance.
We aim to:
- Help you to develop, implement and maintain career management skills
- Help employers recruit, retain and develop employees
What we offer
- Services include access to group or one-to-one information, advice and guidance.
- Wherever possible we will endeavour to make all information available in a form that meets learners’ particular needs including large print, braille and taped resources; a period of notice of up to 10 working days may be required in some circumstances. If you are having difficulty accessing or locating the information you need, please telephone Chris Seel, Head of Operations & Compliance on 0161 478 4040 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer an email advice facility, which is available to learners. We aim to reply to the learner within 5 working days of receiving the email to: email@example.com
- Signposting learners to appropriate sources of information, internally and externally.
- Provide support for centrally organised activities (fairs, vacancies, central courses and events, publications, consultancy).
What should you expect from us?
All staff of VSS will:
- work to the Matrix quality standards framework for information, advice and guidance www.matrixstandard.com
- follow VSS equal opportunities policy
- be approachable, experienced, trained, and committed to helping you (you are welcome to ask for further details about how we ensure our staff are competent)
- provide unbiased information and impartial, realistic advice in a service that is confidential, transparent, accessible and geared to your individual needs and circumstances
- give career guidance. This is an ongoing process that helps you to explore your options and make choices. Our approach to guidance means that you can gain the skills and insights needed to manage your own career.
VSS Head Office is open from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. You can drop in at any point throughout the day. Learners are encouraged to make full use of our in-house training facilities, which includes an IT suite facilitating access to functional skills learning and Job search activities.
Learners are also encouraged to browse our company website which details up to date information about opportunities, courses, activities, progression and links to many other useful websites.
What we ask from you
As a responsible user of the service we will expect you to treat staff and other users with respect.
User feedback is essential in trying to improve any organisation and we will, from time to time, ask for your reaction to some aspects of the service, usually by means of a questionnaire, but we are always interested in other comments and reactions. Your views are important to us in planning future provision so we hope you will respond fully when we seek your views. Your comments will be confidential unless you decide otherwise. We will endeavour to tell you how our service has changed as a result of your feedback.
By making use of the services and expertise available, you will be better able to understand your capabilities, become better informed about the career choices open to you and be better equipped to take the next steps towards rewarding and satisfying careers.
How we can act on your behalf
We can act on your behalf in each of the following ways:
- By acquiring information on a range of employment and education opportunities and making them available to learners in order that they may have information on a wide choice of options upon completion of their course
- By maintaining strict client confidentiality at all times
- By promoting issues and concerns such as equality of opportunity, application methods etc, when on visits to, and when being visited by, employing organisations.
The limitations of our service
The opening hours of VSS as detailed in ‘contact us’ indicates that the office is only open on weekdays (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm). Other facilities such as VSS website is however available 24/7.
VSS can be accessed by web, telephone or post and has one main office. Any hard copies of material can be obtained by contacting Chris Seel, Head of Operations & Compliance on 0161 478 4040 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information, advice and guidance services, promote the value of learning, are accessible to all learners and provide them with the help they need to enter and progress in learning and work. VSS do not claim to be the experts, but we will endeavour to guide you to the information you require.
Our Information, Advice and Guidance page provides links to third party organisations, which will help you to access the support you need. This can be found here or you can request a hard copy by contacting Chris Seel, Head of Operations & Compliance on 0161 478 4040 or email: email@example.com
How you can help us to improve the service
We value your comments and suggestions. Our contact feedback form gives you the opportunity to tell us what you think, what you like, dislike, and what we could improve upon. In giving us feedback, you will help us to tailor our services to more closely meet your needs.
All Learners are given a feedback questionnaire for completion at the end of their learning programme, however additional hard copies of this form can be obtained from our Head Office, or by requesting one through your dedicated Assessor.
How we handle complaints and compliments
VSS has in place a complaints procedure, details of which can be found by clicking on this link. The Complaints form gives you the opportunity to tell us where we have failed to meet your needs, or conversely you can compliment us where we have excelled in your expectations. The Complaints and Compliments form is available on the website by clicking here.
How we use feedback to evaluate the service
Feedback enables us to identify when a service failure has occurred so that we can put it right. Feedback from service users also helps to establish good practice, which in turn can then be implemented into other areas of the service. We use feedback to identify future improvements.
All our work with clients is confidential. Feedback, Complaints and Compliments are always provided directly to the intended person and information (other than anonymous statistics) is not made public. You can refer to our Confidentiality Policy available from our main office or this can be downloaded from the website by clicking on this link.
VSS is committed to promoting equality of access and treatment in education, employment, training and guidance, regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, marital status, social class, age or sexual preference. Forms of unlawful direct and indirect discrimination or unequal treatment or unethical behaviour will be challenged.